Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Jensen Matt Jensen is offline

Default Programmatic font face problem

Howdy
Hope you had a great Christmas (for those of you that celebrate it)!

Back at work now! Got a problem.

I programmatically create 4 columns by 30 rows of (control) form elements,
and the form elements are either a checkbox or are a label with the ASCII
character returned by VBA Chr(254) and set to Wingdings font (which SHOULD
show a "non-clickable" checkbox).

(Whether it is a label or a checkbox form element depends on a True or False
value in a corresponding 4 x 30 matrix on another worksheet.)

The problem is that only some of my Labels show the "unclickable" checkbox,
whilst the other labels show the Chr(254) NOT formatted in Wingdings font
(in what must be the default font of Arial), even though in the Properties
for the label it does actually say that the label has it's Font set to
Wingdings...!!! There does not appear to be any pattern to which of the
labels show a checkbox and which show the ASCII character without the
Wingdings font even though it says it is Wingdings...???

Seems like a bug. It happens on both Excel 97 and 2002.

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks a lot
Matt