Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dirt dirt is offline

Default prevent user from selecting and changing a sheet

I have written a database front end with Excel that uses some built in Excel
functions. One thing I use is a sheet to store intermediate variables, user
settings and so on. This sheet needs to be updated programatically, but I
don't want the user to accidentally change anything.

I could go through the code and protect and hide then unprotect and unhide
the sheet as the programs need to interact with the sheet but this seems
messy and I don't want the user to see the sheets changing. Is there a way
to keep the sheet open and available to the programs without allowing the
user to select the sheet or change its contents?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

Dan