David McRitchie

You can start the numbering where ever you want for display purposes
only they will not be the actual row numbers.

A3: ROW()-2
A4: ROW()-2
---
HTH,

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
Not really.

You could hide those row numbers (and column letters/numbers) and use your own
column for row numbering--but I think if you do that, you're just looking for
trouble.

Most people who use excel have either already gotten used to seeing those
numbers -- or they will get used to those numbers. (I wouldn't worry about it
<bg.)

CarrieArt wrote:

Hi -
My first row contains categories. The rows are numbered and I do not want
the first category row to be included in the count. Is there a way to start
the numbering on row 2 (maybe have row 1 be counted as zero)?
Thank you!

--

Dave Peterson