Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Fred Holmes Fred Holmes is offline

Default Getting a spinbutton / scrollbar to "repeat"

On a UserForm . . .

An ordinary spinbutton / scrollbar will repeat. If I hold the mouse
button down on the arrow of the spinbuton or scrollbar, it will
cyclically increment as long as the mouse button is held down.

However, if I create a spinbutton or scrollbar with a Set statement,
it doesn't repeat. It takes a explicit, new mouse-button-down motion
for each increment to be added.

Is there some property that needs to be set for the repeat action to
be enabled? I've looked through the list of properties in the
properties box of an "ordinary" spinbutton / scrollbar and don't find
anything interesting.

I've set
.Delay = 50
.LargeChange = 1
.SmallChange = 1

and they don't do it. These are the values of the properties of the
ones that will repeat when the control is created on the UserForm
using the Controls ToolBox.

Thanks for any help.

Fred Holmes

An "ordinary" spinbutton / scrollbar is one that is created on the
UserForm using the Controls Toolbox.

WinXP SP2, Excel 2003.