Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Darren Darren is offline

Default Holding form control values within VBA

Thanks for everyones help with this.

Cheers

Darren

"Nick Shinkins" wrote:

Actually it is possible but it is silly and requires a lot of coding.

All you need to do is create a non visible textbox on the fly on the form
you are using. Then just fill it with the data you want to save.

However you will need to write a procedure that can write to and correctly
retrieve data stored in the text box.

"Darren" wrote:

I have a similar question to that what Dave made earlier.... I want to be
able to have a userform, with comboboxes, textboxes etc, and hold the values
that are entered within the form / code and not by setting the control source
to a worksheet. The simple reason is that I dont want to have a seperate
sheet, that has to be hidden, and protected by workbook protection passwords
etc. It would be better to hold it all within the VBA, and just protect the
VBA project.

I want to be able to use the form on different reports, by importing the
form and attached code.

I have a feeling that this might not be possible, but can anyone help?

Thanks,

Darren