Carlos A.

Part II--- Henry,

The check mark character in the Table, copied as you indicated, worked real
fine.
Thank you.

"Henry" wrote:

Carlos,

In your cell, change the font to Wingdings.
The tick (Checkmark) is in there.
Go to your cell and hold down the left Alt key while you type in 97 on the
numberpad.
Release the Alt key and the tick will be there.

Alt 97 works on my machine at work (Win 2K, XL2K) but not at home (XP,XLXP)?

You can go to ProgramsAccessoriesSystemToolsCharacter Map and look in
Wingdings. Copy the tick to a spare cell. You can copy this to wherever you
need.

Henry

"Carlos A." wrote in message
I want to check out a number of entries in a spreadsheet. The program is
Excel in MS Office 2000. I want to use the typical " check out" symbol. I
have not found it
in( what I believe) is the set of available symbols coming with it. Can
you
help me?
Thank you for that.