Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default savecopyas issues

You could have used that Kill suggestion (in the earlier post), too.

Glad it's working.

smokiibear wrote:

Well...sometimes I'm a little slow...but the code I needed was indeed the
saveas. the following snippet enables me to overwrite without and alert
and save the csv to xls:

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs filename:="filename", FileFormat:=xlNormal
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

I thought that I had some overwrite issues with the saveas in a previous
try...but works like a charm.

Thanks :)

Smokii

Dave Peterson wrote in
:

Without trying to recreate your code from the snippet you posted, why
not just use:

.saveas
(instead of .savecopyas)

Inside VBA's help, you'll see all the parms you can pass (including
fileformat).

--

Dave Peterson