Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculations

Bob,

Neat idea!

Thanks. I tried to get something to work with events, but couldn't figure
out how to do it. Of course, I had never even considered your method of
having calcs turned off and forcing calculations on _other_ sheets. Now, I'm
going to have to reconsider my design.

Biggest problem is that it makes the heavy calculations even heavier <G).

That's why I no longer use my P133 machine ;-)

Bernie

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hi Bernie,

Bob

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Peter,

You need to change all your formulas to something like

=IF($A$1,"",really complicated heavy formula)

Then, when you want to do the calcs on that sheet, enter FALSE into cell

A1.

If you need to have the results available at all times, then you would

need
to have a macro or event that stores the values somewhere else, and use

=IF($A$1, stored value cell, calculation)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Peter B" wrote in message
I have a sheet with very heavy calculations. Is it possible to

separate
the
calculation in Excel, so that I can disable calculations in that sheet

only.
Ie. I would like Excel to continue caluclating my sheets except for

the
one
with a lot of calculations in it.

--