Steved

Thanks bj As you pointed out I had it the wrong way round

Thankyou very much for your time.

Cheers.

"bj" wrote:

Your write-up and equaitn do not agree
Do you want the value from column I or K
If it is I and you want ot match in column K You may need to make sure that
you have a true match.

find what looks like a match in K and do A
=ParadoxBusType!$K4=A6 i
f the answer is other than "true" there is not a match
If they are numeric one may rally be text Try an
=value(Trim(ParadoxBusType!$K4))=A6 and
=value(Trim(A6))=ParadoxBusType!$K4
to see what you need to do o your equation.

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

=INDEX(ParadoxBusType!I:I,MATCH($A6,ParadoxBusType !$K:$K,0))

Ok the above formula at cell A6, then looks in Col I:I in ParadoxBusType!
worksheet
once found looks in K:K for the value, it is not working
please what have I overlooked. the formula is in Cell D6.

The above is in the same folder instead of sheet1 I've named it
ParadoxBusType!.

Thankyou for taking time on my problem.