Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Copying Cell Formats

Hi Mark
AFAIK this is not possible using the PasteSpecial method (in your case
'Format' specifies the 'clipboard' format which should be used - for more
see the VBA help)

"Mark Schreiber" wrote:

Looking for VBA coding to copy just the fill color and font format from one
cell into another. I tried using the macro recorder and the Copy Format
button (the paint brush), but that copies the borders and everything. The
resulting code was:

Range("N27:Q53").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("O27").Select
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:=4, Link:=1, DisplayAsIcon:=False, _
IconFileName:=False

I assume the ".PasteSpecial Format:=4" part means to paste all formats. I
want just the fill color and font characteristics. Would appreciate any
help. Thanks.