Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default Arrays

Hi
this is IMHO the only option if you really need a dynamic solution.
Otherwise you have to use a pivot table or a macro (e.g. the one Tom
provided)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Peter B wrote:
I have tried sumproduct, but I have so many portfolios and "dates"
that it takes ages to calculate.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
use SUMPRODUCT. See:

"Peter B" wrote:

I have a list of transactions that i would like to ditribute to a
column named volume . The transactions have a start date, a
enddate, a portfolio name, the volume and a price. The volumes are
to be distributed on the dates that fits to the transactions. ie.
if a transactions have a start date of 2005/1/1 and a endate of
2005/1/31 i would like to have the volume distributed on the dates
that i have in column a, based on the portfolio. The transactions
look like below, and the list that i would like to create is below
the transactions.

I have tried to use arrays, but i cant really figure out how to do
this. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I have
done it with formulas, but as I have thousands of transactions it
takes ages to calculate.

Portfolio startdate Enddate Volume Price
Portfolio A 01.01.05 31.01.05 5 32

Portolio A Portfolio B

Volume Volume
01.01.05 5 0