Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default savecopyas issues

But I bet when you open that CSV file, then change it, then save it, you make
sure you save it as a "microsoft excel workbook *.xls)"

If you just click on the Save icon, excel will even warn you that it can't save
all the stuff you might have done.

(and .savecopyas is a lot like clicking on the save icon (w/o the warning).)

smokiibear wrote:

I'll give your suggestion a try. However, I can and do open csv files and
create new worksheets within them all the time, manually. Maybe the issue
is how the data was genterated in the first place...

Dave Peterson wrote in
:

I think I still have questions on how you're creating that new
worksheet with output data.

If you're opening a .csv file, then no matter what you do to that
file, it's still a .csv file to excel (well, until you SaveAs as
different file format).

--

Dave Peterson