Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Martin Wheeler Martin Wheeler is offline

Default Match

Hi Tom
I've tried your code but it returns CY11 which is one above the range. It
should select CY13.
Any ideas?
Ta,
Martin

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Dim F As Single
Dim FPos As Long
Dim FRng As Range
F = Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(.Range("CY12:CY1 6"))
FPos = WorksheetFunction.Match(F, .Range("CY12:CY16"), 0)
Set FRng = .Range("CY12:CY16").Cells(FPos,1)
FRng.Select

Tom Ogilvy

"Martin Wheeler" wrote in message
XL2000

I am trying to use the match function, by modifying some existing code .
The original code is for a row but the new code is for a column. The
problem is that is not selecting the right cell. Instead it is

selecting
the cell one column to the left and up one. I have tried playing with

the
settings but cannot get it too select the cell I want. Below is the

code
am using. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dim F As Single
Dim FPos As Long
Dim FRng As Range
F = Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(.Range("CY12:CY1 6"))
FPos = WorksheetFunction.Match(F, .Range("CY12:CY16"), 0)
Set FRng = .Range("CY12:CY16").Cells(1, FPos)
FRng.Select

It should select CY13 but it select CX12
Ta,
Martin