Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2002 - Commandbar.protection = msoBarNoCustomize

Maybe:

Application.CommandBars.DisableCustomize = True

would work.

I think that this was added in xl2002. Are you going to run this in earlier
versions?

Jeff wrote:

I have a similar issue I hope someone can help with - I would like to
disable the "Add or Remove Buttons" drop down (only) as part of the
Workbook_Open procedure in an xla that deploys a set of custom
toolbars. I have tried experimenting with Jim's code above but nothing
happens if I just use the following statement (in Excel 2003):

Application.CommandBars.DisableAskAQuestionDropdow n = True

which I would have thought was correct. However, if I change the
property to "False", nothing happens either (i.e., the drop downs still
show).

Can someone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff

--

Dave Peterson