Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default importing a tab delimited file

Get a copy of Chip Pearson's CellView addin.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm

Then you can check to see if there really are tabs in your file.

rustypuckett wrote:

I am trying to import a tab delimited file (.tab), and the data only imports
into the first column. How do I get the data to import into each column based
on the delimiters? When I go thru the wizard and choose "tab" as the
delimiter, the data appears as one whole column. I'm downloading the file
from a site that says it is a tab delimited file.

Thanks
Rust

--

Dave Peterson