Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default copying macro to a new workbook

Try looking at Chip Pearson's page on working with code in the VBE

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Ed" wrote in message
Ron,

I also want to copy a micro to a new wookbook but I want to automate the
process so the the macro copy s done without user action.

I have tried the mergeworkbook method but it does not copy the macro.

Is there VB code that will copy a macro to a new workbook without user
intervention?

Thanks,
Ed

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi JT

If you copy a whole worksheet to a new workbook and send that then
you can use a button from the Control toolbox and copy your code in the
Click event of this button.(This is in the Sheet module)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"JT" wrote in message

Workbook 1 contains a push button. Attached to the push
button is a macro that performs a couple of edits and
sends an e-mail.

I have another macro that makes copies of the data in
Workbook 1 for each business unit. Each copy contains the
same push button. However, the macro attached to the push
button in Workbook 1 is not carried forward with the
copies of the data for each business unit.

Any help in copying the data and macro to the "new"
workbooks would be appreciated. Thanks