Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KR KR is offline

Default Q: Best way to take data from VBA into graphs without writing data to worksheets? (Can a named range refer to an array in memory only?)

I have a large array in VBA memory (1 to 3, 1 to 55, 1 to 4, 1 to 18, 1 to
212) filled with various data, some of which I need to dump into graphs.

In the ideal world, I would assign sections of this array to named ranges,
and set the DataSource on my graphs to the appropriate named ranges
(probably 6 at a time, print, update those 6 graphs to the next 6 named
ranges, etc.).

I'd like to avoid dumping the data into a worksheet, because that adds a
layer of complexity trying to manage all the different ranges and then
getting the information into graphs.

Is there an (easy) way to populate graphs directly from numbers in a VBA
array (through named ranges or otherwise), or am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Keith
Using Excel XP/ Windows 2000

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my