Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tetsuya Oguma[_4_] Tetsuya Oguma[_4_] is offline

Default Data validation: using Custom, NOT List, to get non-blank cells

Hi all,

This is a bit tricky question. We all know that cell with Data Validation's
List includes items contained in a specified named range. Fine.

I, instead, want to do it with Custom using some kinf of formula, so that
users do NOT need to change the named range when a new item was added. Is
this possible?

I have some items in one column and thinking of going from top, say, A1
until the last non-blank cell downward, say, A10. How can I specify this in
Data Validation's custom option?

Thanks for your time.
---
Tetsuya Oguma