Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R. Choate R. Choate is offline

Default For..Next loop error

because your loop is crawling to the right with the line

cellcontent = Sheets("Selection List").Cells(1, i)

Once i gets bigger than 255 it is going to throw an error because anything larger than Cells(1,256) doesn't exist
--
RMC,CPA

"Ian_Limbo" wrote in message ...
If i am deleting rows in a column, which is what appears to be happening,
where does the column limit problem come in?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Maybe because there are no more columns after 255???

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ian_Limbo" wrote in message
I am attempting to compress a column of data by deleting blank cells that

has
lots of gaps in it. It errors at no. 256 on the for loop.

The code i am using is:

Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim i As Double
Dim cellcontent As String
Range("A2").Select
MsgBox "Cell selected"
For i = 2 To 2150 Step 1
cellcontent = Sheets("Selection List").Cells(1, i)
Do While ActiveCell.Value = ""
Selection.Delete
Loop
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Next i
MsgBox "Selection list complete"
End Sub

All help is gratefully received (this is my first attempt at VBA)

Ian