Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Floating Toolbars

Try:

commandbars("Custom 1").Protection = msoBarNoMove

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm looking for confirmation of something : I often create floating
toolbars (command bars) in my Excel applications. Using any Excel up to
and including 2000, they are truly floating. By this, I mean that
selecting cells near or behind the floating toolbar will not interact
with it. The toolbar remains fixed in place on the screen, as it were.

However, it appears that things are different in Excel 2002/3 ... while
the toolbar can be moved anywhere on the screen, cell selection DOES
interact with the toolbar. Select a cell above the toolbar, then use
the down arrow ... the toolbar appears to be pushed downwards!

I have not found anything about this on the net, so far. Has anyone
else found a resolution? Note that this occurs in all Office products
.....!!

I fear that this is a change to how Microsoft thinks we should use
floating toolbars, and it affects how one creates Excel applications

Mark