Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Default Newbie at mixing ADO and Excel

Hi Bryan

search this string
How To Pull Access Query
in the "Search For" box on this page
date 12/7/2004
There were some suggestions close to your topic.
Post back if you need more information but you will need to
be a little more specific as to how far you are with your code.
Have you made a connection to the DB, have you made a
reference to the ADO active X library???

Good Luck
TK

"Bryan Dickerson" wrote:

Thanks!

Now, I have to confess that I *thought* I could do the ADO part, but I've
previously only worked with straight query text that is passed to the
server. This time I'm having to call a stored procedure as I indicated
below and I'm not having much luck. The SP has 3 parameters. Can you help
or do I need to take this to another NG?

This is what I currently have:
------------------------------
oCmd.CommandType = adCmdText
oCmd.CommandText = "EXEC SP_Report '" & _
CustomerNumber & "', '" &
_
StartDate & "', '" &
EndDate & "'"
Set oRSet = oCmd.Execute
------------------------------
.... it's not working. Any ideas?
TIA!

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Bryan,

If you have Excel 2000 or later, you can use the CopyFromRecordset method

drop the rs into a worksheet range

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2").CopyFromRecordset oRS

--

HTH

RP

"Bryan Dickerson" wrote in message
I'm not a newbie to VB or ADO or Excel, but just to mixing them all.

I'm
trying to get the output of an SQL Stored procedure to be the data for a
spreadsheet--the ultimate goal of which is so that I can put a button on

spreadsheet for a user and tell them that they can update/run it for any

set
of parameters that they desire. I can do the prompts and get the data

thru
ADO into a recordset, but then how do I assign it to a range of cells?

TIA!