Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave H[_3_] Dave H[_3_] is offline

Default Listboxes on worksheets

Thank you gentlemen. Your suggestions work perfectly! I tried for several
hours to find some info on this in VBA Help; that wasn't much help but your
answers fixed my problem!

Dave

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Jim did say that, so I guess I should have said

As a point of emphasis and as stated by Jim, note . . .

In any event, to show the displayed value, you can use the macro I
suggested.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Just note that the linked cell will display the index to the selected item
in the list rather than the value of the item in the list (as displayed).

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
You can set a linked cell to hold the selected item's index:

With Worksheets(1).Shapes.AddFormControl(xlListBox, 100, ActiveCell.Top,
100, 150)
.ControlFormat.ListFillRange = "j1:j18"
.ControlFormat.LinkedCell = "h1"
End With

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Dave H" wrote in message
| I'm using the following code to place a pop-up listbox on the

worksheet
| whenever the user clicks on a cell in column A. The listbox comes up

fine
| with the correct list. My question is - when the user clicks on the
listbox,
| how do I capture their selection? When a listbox is on a userform, I

know
| can use "listbox1.value". I haven't been able to figure out how to do

this