Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default Excel Calculation Issue

Do any of your functions use information not passed via range
arguments? For example do they look at values in other sheets
directly? That can lead to behaviour where recalculation becomes a
problem: they will only be refreshed when one of the input arguments
changes.

Tim

"Sean Howard" wrote in message
erm. thanks but I think you've jumped way of base here.

VBScript. No
Hyperlinks. No

I understand your point about using HyperLinks, but even though I
can be
sure my "macro/function" workbook will always be open (and thus can
be
referenced) I cannot be sure where it is actually stored. Also if
the
"macro/function" workbook has to be re-opened chances are the users
macro security setting will kill it (presently the "macro/function"
workbooks are loaded on Excel startup, that's how I know they are
always
there)

Thanks Vikrant but that solution will not work for me

Sean