Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Personal XLA not appearing on Worksheet Menu bar after Excel Start

First, your code worked ok for me in xl2002.

So I don't have a real good guess.

But what do you mean by: "the addin does not appear"?

Does this mean that the options on the toolbar don't appear or that the addin
name in the Tools|Addins dialog doesn't appear?

(Either way, I'm at a loss--since it worked fine for me.)

If you check the VBE, do you see your addin in the project explorer?

====
I've always used workbook_beforeclose and workbook_open for this type thing.
Maybe you could try it to see if that helps (but I don't know why it would!).

mranke wrote:

I have created an xla that adds a new menu to the worksheet menu bar at
startup, it allows me to access files. I can go into the Tools, addins menu
and add the xla and it appears on the command bar. but when I close down
excel and reopen it the addin does not appear.
I had excel 2000 up to a few days ago and my addin worked perfectly but now
that i have upgraded to excel 2002 i am having this problem. Can someone
please help? thanks if you can.

Here is my code.

Private Sub Workbook_AddinUninstall()
Call DeleteMenu
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_AddinInstall()
Call AddMenus
End Sub
Public Sub AddMenus()
Dim cMenu1 As CommandBarControl
Dim cbMainMenuBar As CommandBar
Dim iHelpMenu As Integer
Dim cbcCutomMenu As CommandBarControl

On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("&Andy
Files").Delete

Set cbMainMenuBar = _
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")

iHelpMenu = _
cbMainMenuBar.Controls("Data").Index

Set cbcCutomMenu = _
cbMainMenuBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup,
befo=iHelpMenu)

cbcCutomMenu.Caption = "&Andy Files"

With cbcCutomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "&Limit Monitor"
.OnAction = "OpenLimitMonitor"
End With
With cbcCutomMenu.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton)
.Caption = "&My Work"
.OnAction = "OpenAndyWork"
End With

On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

Public Sub DeleteMenu()
On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("&Andy
Files").Delete
On Error GoTo 0

Dave Peterson