Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DGA in VA DGA in VA is offline

Default Are Excel Macros Adversely Affected by inserting an Object in a ce

I have an Excel spreadsheet with multiple workbooks.

It has a checklist workbook where another workbook calculates compliance
based on the answers in the checklist workbook.

As an annotation to the checklist workbook, I inserted objects -- excerpts
of a Word or PowerPoint or Access file. The cell I inserted the object into
was either designated as a comment column or was not part of the checklist.

I was told to remove the objects because no one knew whether or not the
object would adversely affect the macros.

Inserting the object made the spreadsheet huge. But I believe reducing the
excerpts to their essential elements and inserting them in cells not involved
in the macros would have no adverse affect on the macro.

Does anyone know if I am mistaken?