Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default stuck on division

Hi Arturo,

If you're looking for a VBA solution, look at the Mod operator:

Debug.Print 25 Mod 5
Debug.Print 28 Mod 5

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Arturo wrote:
A) 25/5=5
B) 28/5=5.6

I pick up a value and want to test if it is divisible by 5. If the
result is not a whole number I need to hold off what ever the count
might be, so in case B I would store in some variable 3 from the 28
allowing the calculation to result in 5. I am at a loss as how to
test if the result is a whole number and if not how to figure out
what to reduce the numerator by.

Appreciatively,
Arturo