Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Storing various data in .ID property

If you want to use the ID property, and it will only store a string value,
what other idea would there be - also, if you tried it, did it cause
performance problems?

- or are you asking about other ideas besides using the ID property?

Tom Ogilvy

"Thorsten Walenzyk" wrote in message
I have already done something like this, but I wonder, if this might cause
some performance problems...

Any other ideas?

Thanks Thorsten

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
A quick trip to help would show you that the ID property is of type

String.
So you can build a string (concatenate multiple values) and store the
string. You can't store a user defined type or array, etc.

Tom Ogilvy

"Thorsten Walenzyk" wrote in message
Hi all,

I asked how to store additional data per some cells in my Table.
I've got the hint, that I can use the .ID property for storing single

data.

But I need to store various data.

I tried something like this:

Public Type MyType
somedata As Integer
someother As String
End Type

Private Sub test()
Dim CellData As MyType
CellData.somedata = 42
CellData.someother = "fourty-two"

Sheets(1).Cells(2, 2).ID = CellData
End Sub

But I've got the error:
"Only user-defined types defined in public object modules can be

coerced
or from a variant or passed to late-bound functions"

As I have defined MyType as a Public type, I guess the problem is the
"public object module".

What is a "public object module" and how can I create one ???

Thanks a lot, Thorsten