Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vikrant Vaidya Vikrant Vaidya is offline

Default Unique lists

In your given constrants using a pivot table will be the only option. Try
exploring it.. if you can't mail me at I will tell you
how it can be done. It's a lengthy procedure to describe but very logical to
do. In case you can't do it I will mail you a worksheet where I have done a
similar thing. That would be easier than describing the method.

Vikrant

"Sean Howard" wrote:

I have a list which looks something like this :-

1 RTL
2 RTL
3 RTL
4 TV2
5 Viasat
6 Viasat
7 Viasat
8 Viasat
9 Duna
10 Duna
11 Duna
12 Duna
13 Duna
14 M1
15 M1
16 M1
17 M1
18 M1

and from that I need to generate a unique list that looks something like
this :-

1 RTL
2 TV2
3 Viasat
4 Duna
5 M1

The problem is that I DO NOT want to achieve this thru VBA but thru
standard Excel functions as I do not want to add any VB code to my
spreadsheet (the users will normally have their macro security set to
HIGH)

I cannot find in Excel any way to get the "1st unique value", "2nd
unique value", etc from a list and think that maybe using array formulae
may be the answer, but I do not know much about using them.

Any ideas

Sean

*** Sent via Developersdex
http://www.developersdex.com ***