Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sean Howard[_2_] Sean Howard[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Calculation Issue

Firstly I am not even sure if this is a programming issue or not.

I have a spreadsheet that contains both standard Excel functions and
functions in an external spreadsheet (which is ALWAYS referenced and
thus open)

Sometimes I can see in the worksheet that the results are incorrect and
calculation the workbook does not make any difference.

HOWEVER if I make a copy worksheet, delete that copy, and THEN
calculate. All the results are correct.

Now, I do not think that the answer is to copy/delete a worksheet but
something must be happening during this process to force Excel to fully
complete and calculations and what question is exactly what is
happening.

The problem for my users is that because of the nature of the data in
the workbook, it is impossible for them to tell is it has fully
calculated or not.

I have considered making the function VOLATILE, however there are just
too many functions and I am worried about slowing down the whole
calculation process.

Any ideas

Sean