Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bryan Linton Bryan Linton is offline

Default Links using XLODBC.XLA not working after upgrade to 2003

I wrote a workbook that uses SQL.REQUEST to pull information from an access
database. After upgrading from Office 2000 to Office 2003, the workbook no
longer works. I get the following error message:

"This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated."

When I use the "Edit Links" button to investigate, it shows that the
XLODBC.XLA add-in is the problem. It's status shows: "Error: Source not
found". I've searched my system for this file and it's no longer present,
as far as I can tell. The location where it used to reside in O2K
(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\Msquery\XLODBC.XLA) no
longer exists; the folder structure ends after "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office".

I'm sure Excel 2003 is still capable of providing this functionality, but
I'm not sure where to look for it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan