Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ralph Hill Ralph Hill is offline

Default End Of File - For use in Formulas

I am working with about 15 large files that I am importing
and performing various functions. Needless to say my
system slows down like you would not believe and I am
trying to cut down my overhead. Here is what I need to
do. I have a File that varies in length from being Empty,
to One Row of Data, to sometimes over 12000 rows.

I need to run various formulas including about 9 VLOOKUP
formulas. I need to find the Last row using a Macro (Ctrl-
Down-Arrow, or Ctrl-End), and reference that number in my
formulas (see below, replacing M65536 with the Last Row
Number found)

Set frng = Range("M65536:M" & Range("M2").End(xlUp).Row)
With frng
.Formula = "=VLOOKUP(RC1,'[9006 Name Report.xls]Names'!
C1:C4,3,FALSE)"
.Formula = .Value
End With

I need to replace the M65536 with the last row number in
the document. This will save enormous amounts of time.

In addition if the file is empty, I want to do a
Workbook.add and save as "c:\temp\NEW Name Report.xls"

I have received help on this issue in the past and am
trying to customize the information provided to my exact
needs. I appreciate all those individuals who have gotten
me this far.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.