Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
lost!! lost!! is offline

Default extracting certain text

THANKS!!!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
=RIGHT(A1,3)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"lost!!" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi there,

I have a long list of town names with the first 3 digits of the

postal code
at the end of it. I need to extract the postal code data from the

field and
show it in a separate column.

I have tried using text to columns but it doesn't work correctly

because
some town names have more than one word. I have also tried using the

letter
V as a column separator (all my postal codes begin with V) but that

doesn't
work because some town names begin with V. Here's a sample of what I

have:

KELOWNA KELOWNA STN OKANAGAN DC V1Z
PENTICTON PENTICTON STN MAIN V2A
KAMLOOPS KAMLOOPS STN NORTH DEL CTR V2B
KAMLOOPS KAMLOOPS STN SOUTH DEL CTR V2C
KAMLOOPS KAMLOOPS STN SOUTH DEL CTR V2E
WILLIAMS LAKE WILLIAMS LAKE STN MAIN V2G
KAMLOOPS KAMLOOPS STN NORTH DEL CTR V2H
QUESNEL QUESNEL STN MAIN V2J
PRINCE GEORGE PRINCE GEORGE STN B V2K
PRINCE GEORGE PRINCE GEORGE STN A V2L
PRINCE GEORGE PRINCE GEORGE STN B V2M
PRINCE GEORGE PRINCE GEORGE STN B V2N
CHILLIWACK CHILLIWACK STN MAIN V2P

Only the last three digits of each cell need to be pulled out.

Any ideas?

Please & Thanks!