Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jack Sheet Jack Sheet is offline

Default ThisWorkbook.Protect

Thanks Dave.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I see UserInterfaceOnly in VBA's help for worksheets--not for workbooks.

But if you've protected the workbook's structure and want to

add/delete/rename a
sheet, then yep, you have to unprotect/do the work/reprotect.

Did you really protect the workbook? I protect worksheets much more often

than
the workbook.

Jack Sheet wrote:

Am I right in saying that the UserInterfaceOnly setting can only be

applied
at Worksheet level, not Workbook level?
So I have to unprotect the workbook at the start of each macro and then
protect it again at the end? Seems a bit of an oversight, if so.

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

--

Dave Peterson