Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sharad Naik Sharad Naik is offline

Default What's the Difference Q

You say you see the cell highlighted. I assume you see the cell S2
highlighted right?

Maybe you have the wrong sheet activated when you run the code in the
module.
and in that active sheet Cell G2 is already empty?
So if G2 is empty, your do loop will terminate immediately. So obviously
after
Range("S2.S2").Copy, there is nothing else done, no pasting, and you simply
see S2 highighted with formula "=PROPER(F2&"" ""&G2)".

Please note you are only refering Range(....) which means it will be
applied to
the active sheet.

In Thisworkbook - Workbook Open, by default the sheet which was active
when the workbook was saved, will be active when the workbook opens,
so here it will always be applied to that sheet, which my be the correct
sheet.

You should refer to the cell as Worksheets("Sheet Name").Range("S2"),
so you will always get it correct both in the Thisworkbook Workbook_Open
and in the module.

Sharad

"John" wrote in message
What is the difference in running code within the 'This Workbook' routine
and a standard module?

I have code that is currently within the 'This Workbook' which fires on
opening - works great, comes back with the correct everything, yet when I
place the same exact same code within a standard module try to run it, a
specific part of the code does not run, that code from -
"Range("S2.S2").Copy" down - all I see is the cell highlighted as happens
when you select a cell to copy. Have I found a MS bug or what? The
offending
code is as follows and is doing my head in! I can run this code on its own
and it WORKS, when I try to call it from my original macro - nothing
happens. The sheet isn't protected, I'm lost

Range("S2").Select
ActiveCell.Formula = "=PROPER(F2&"" ""&G2)"
Range("S2.S2").Copy
x = 2
Do Until Cells(x, 7).Value = ""
Cells(x, 19).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormulas
x = x + 1
Loop