Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_2_] Dick Kusleika[_2_] is offline

Default How locate connection information for web query?

quartz

Open your browser and point to the page you want. Copy the URL from the
browser and paste it into your code. Don't forget to add URL; to the front
if you accidently paste over it.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

quartz wrote:
I am new at working with web queries, and I am attempting to build some
code that will download stock quotes. I know that there are some canned
programs out there, but I want to learn by building this myself. Some of
my VERY basic code so far is below.

QUESTION: The one question that I can't seem to find any discussions on is
how the heck does one locate the connection string to connect, say, to
Yahoo.com or to Microsoft.com to import stock info?

Set qts = ActiveSheet.QueryTables
Set qt = qts.Add("URL;http://www.HOW DO i FIND WHAT THE HECK GOES HERE",
Application.Range(ActiveCell.Address))
With qt
.WebSelectionType = xlSpecifiedTables
'.WebTables = "1"
.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingAll
.RefreshStyle = xlOverwriteCells
.BackgroundQuery = False
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.Refresh 'BackgroundQuery:=False
End With

Please help and be gentle to this starter...thanks in advance.