Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
T Kirtley T Kirtley is offline

Default Force recalc of formulas saved as text

Beautiful. Just what I needed.

Thanks alot!

TK

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Select the cells in question, the run code like the following:

Sub AAA()
Dim Rng As Range
For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
Rng.Formula = Rng.Formula
Next Rng

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"T Kirtley" wrote in message
What is the syntax to emulate re-editing a cell, as in pressing
F2 then Enter ?

I have a series of formulas that were built with vba code, but
some of the
cells that these were created in must have been formatted as
text since the
formulas did not calculate. The formulas are syntactically
correct, but I
need to get Excel to treat them as formulas instead of text.

I have changed the formatting to general, and I want to run a
simple macro
on the range to force an edit and re-enter of each cell in the
range... but I
cannot remember the vba method (or maybe a property?) to
accomplish this.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

TK