Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Formatting a cell calculated by a VBA function

Hi Andy,

A worksheet function can only return a value to the the calling cell it
cannot apply formatting.

BTW, for your NextBusinessDay function, you can use the Workday function if
you have the Analysis ToolPak loaded.

For your format problem, perhaps you could use conditional formatting?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Andy" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I am writing some xtra functions for excel, and am wanting to
return formatting with the result.

An example might be creating a NextBusinessDay(Today As Date) function
that returns the next business day after the date supplied. I can
write the code to return the value. but i would also like to apply
formatting to the cell.

So for example if the day is a Friday, color it red.

It cells in the excel spreadsheet that use the function would just
have a value like =NextBusinessDay('07/01/2005')

Is it possible to return formatting directly from the VBA function. or
is there a way to tell from the VBA functions which cell has called
it.

Thanks
Andy