N Harkawat

say your data is in the range A2:C6 and you want "Yes" on column D then on
cell D2 type the formula below and fill all the way down to cell D6

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(1,($C$2:$C$6="On Hold")*($A$2:$A$6=A2),0)),"","Yes")
array entered(ctrl+shift+enter)

"Jdull" wrote in message
I have a excel 2003 spreadsheet with a list containing order number, date,
status. I want to create a function to give a value in a new field for
all
order numbers if one of the statuses is 'on hold'

My data would be like below
Order# Date Status
1 7/1/2005 Received
1 7/2/2005 Closed
2 7/1/2005 Received
2 7/2/2005 On Hold
2 7/5/2005 Closed

In the new field I would like all that lines for order 2 to have a "Yes"
value in the new field because one of the status was On Hold