Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul B Paul B is offline

Default macro to operate in protected cells

HGood, one way is to unprotect the sheet run your code and then protect the
sheet, something like this

ActiveSheet.Unprotect password:="123"

'you code here

ActiveSheet.Protect password:="123"
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"HGood" wrote in message
I'm new to macros.

I've recorded a simple macro that copies the bottom line of a cash entry
form (seven columns wide), then inserts the copied range as a new empty
line to enter data in.

But I want to Protect the spreadsheet so others can't change formulas and
mess things up.

I can't make the macro work properly when I protect the spreadsheet. I've
even tried unlocking the rows beneath my data entry rows, so as to allow
expansion into that Unlocked space, but doesn't help.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks,

Harold