Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JimP JimP is offline

Default Trying to eliminate multiple copies of the SAME code within a UserForm

To All,
The snippet of code below (labeled "Start of Common Code") is
duplicated numerous time's in a number of "Events" associated with a
UserForm. All is currently working, but I'm trying now to clean up
duplicate code by placing the common portions in a subroutine ...
Could someone Kindly show me how to correctly reference back to the
UserForm once this common code is extracted from an event and placed
into a sub-routine? I thought I read an earlier post about "MSForms."
? ... or something like that, but Listbox doesn't seem to be a valid
option following MSForms. ... Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
JimP

'''''''''''''snippet''''''''''
With Me.ListBoxITEM
.Clear
.ColumnWidths = "50"
.ColumnHeads = True
.RowSource = gstrRowSource
.ListIndex = 0
'------ Start of Common Code -------------
' 1st) Extract FROM: Database TO: Label's Caption
LblDescription.Caption = Range(gstrRowSource).Cells(.ListIndex + 1,
2).Value
LblUnitPRICE.Caption = Range(gstrRowSource).Cells(.ListIndex + 2,
3).Value
' 2nd) Copy FROM: Label's Caption TO: Custom TextBox
TxtCustomDescription.Text = LblDescription.Caption
TxtCustomPrice.Text = LblUnitPRICE.Caption
' 3rd) Copy FROM: Custom Price TextBox TO: Global Variable
gstrDescription = TxtCustomDescription.Text
gstrUnitPrice = TxtCustomPrice.Text
'-------- End of Common Code -------------
End With