Debra Dalgleish

What version of Excel are you using? In Excel 97, the field buttons
don't have dropdown arrows.

Sim wrote:
No definitely have not copied the table - i can still move the fields around
as normal, just the arrow has disappeared.

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Are you sure you haven't copied and pasted the table as values, as this would
give the appearance you have just described. is the pivot table still
functional in that you can drag fields around and have it update in front of
you?

Regards

"Sim" wrote:

Hi,
When I go back to a pivot table I have set up, the drop down arrow within
all the fields disappears. Does anyone know how I can retrieve these? Is
there some kind of function to turn this on/off?

thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List