Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Challenging long ARRAY formula needed - Can this be done?

=Index(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$500,Small(if((V1=FL)*(V1<=F H)*(V2=AL)*(V2<=AH)*(V3=
FeL)*(V3<=FeH),row($A$1:$A$500)),1),1)

Where FL (Fund_Lo) would be something like Sheet1!$B$2:$B$500
V1 (Value1) would be like Sheet3!$A$1

Entered as an Array formula

Tom Ogilvy

"quartz" wrote in message
I need a formula in the spreadsheet that will perform the following:

IF Value1 is = Fund_Lo AND Value1 is <= Fund_Hi AND
IF Value2 is = Account_Lo AND Value2 is <= Account_Hi AND
IF Value3 is = Ferc_Lo AND Value3 <= Ferc_Hi THEN
RETURN the contents of Column "A" on the row in which the FIRST
TRUE result occurs.

NOTES:

Fund_Lo, Fund_Hi, Account_Lo, Account_Hi, Ferc_Lo, and Ferc_Hi
are all:

1) Values;
2) Reside in a single source sheet in a list of about 500 rows;

Value1, Value2, and Value3 a

1) Values;
2) Reside in a separate sheet in the same file;

The item to be RETURNed:

1) Is textual
2) Resides in the same sheet as Fund_Lo, Fund_Hi, etc.

Is this even possible? I would presume an ARRAY formula is needed since

the
source is a list. I spent all day yesterday trying to crack this. Can

someone
please post a solution? Also, the columnar order of the contents can be
changed if needed for lookups, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Example of Source Sheet (I hope the spacing comes out ok):

Return Fund_Lo Fund_Hi Acct_Lo Acct_Hi Ferc_Lo Ferc_Hi

1A 100 101 1001 1030 140 142
4EB 102 105 4001 4030 140 143
3F 106 110 3001 3500 220

225