Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bonkerz bonkerz is offline

Default help - how to move cells into an array using criteria

hi everyone - we need to assign students to testing groups which consist of
four people, but they cannot be from the same class, and their homeroom
teachers cannot be their test proctors. so we have a long (1500 or so) list
of ID numbers, in the next column their class #s, and in the next column
their homeroom teacher. is there any way to automatically assign them to
particular groups and times so that the two exclusionary criteria are met?

thanks for the help, not sure if this is possible in excel but thought i'd
give it a try

bill