Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JimFor JimFor is offline

Default VBA and VLOOKUP Question

Thanks much for your reply. Each run will be for one product. There is one
product number per each time I use the program. So I don't have to get
involved with SKUs and the like. I'm slowly learning about this. Looks like
the VLOOKUP function can return either a blank or a zero if you add some "IF"
and "ISNA" coding to it. Have not tried it out yet but I will.

Your response sounds interesting. I really have to write a program do all
this. It has to be very simple to use. Right now I'm working on a user input
box which will allow the user to input a beginning date and ending date, then
click an "OK" button and..."Presto!" The transaction data as well as the
beginning and ending inventory amounts for each account will appear. If I
follow your steps:

"1. place your "inventory" activity range into an array
2. scan the array in a loop to find each transaction for that Part No.
3. sum the results
4. add or deduct the results from opening inventory to get the balance at a
given date"

....I also have to keep all the transaction data for the period on the
spreadsheet. That is, I can't just get the totals. For any particular
transaction period, say March 2 through June 5, I have to calculate the beginng
and ending inventory totals as well as keep the individual transaction date of
the transaction, the description of the transaction, the item price etc. All
this has to be by account number. Will your approach allow me to do this?

Thanks...I'm slowly making progress...