Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jude jude is offline

Default Filling Blank Cells

Go to the first cell containing a name. Click and drag the mouse down to
select all of the cells in column A where you want names to appear. Go to
the Edit menu and click the Go To command. In the dialog box click Special.
In the next dialog box, click Blanks and hit OK. This should select only
the blank cells in Column A. Press the "+" key and then the Up arrow and
then press Ctrl-Enter. This should fill each blank cell with a formula
referring to the cell above it.

"jules" wrote:

Hi

I have Text(Peoples Names) in Column A of a worksheet with blank spaces in
between. I need to copy the Text(Peoples Names) to the next cell in the
column. My reference would always have to be the Cell above. If the next
Cell contains Text(Peoples Names) then this will be the next reference until
the first entire blank row is detected or Blanks are detected in Column B.

A1 = Julian
A2 = Blank
A3 = Jack
A4 = Blank
A5 = Blank

Result A2 to be Julian and A4 and A5 to be Jack

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Julian