Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Adding values to 2-dim array

Tod wrote:
Okay, I'm going to try something new, so everybody duck!!

I want to have an array that already has one dimension
filled in, then have the second dimension filled in at
run time. So if the first dimension is:

Earl
Larry
Fred
Janet
Carrie

I want to add values based on the name. The values will
not always come in the same order as the names. Is there
a way that I can "search" the array for the name and then
add the value next to the match?

tod

This sounds like an interesting problem, but:

1. How do you have an array with the first dimension filled *other than*
at runtime? I.e., don't *both* dimensions have to be loaded at runtime?

2. From where are the corresponding values coming, and how are they
associated with the names?

Alan Beban