Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
IXLINXL IXLINXL is offline

Default Running a macro from a command line

Thanks Gord, Can you suggest a method to open and edit the macro without it
auto-running?

Here's the situation. It is fairly quick code so it is really tough hit
escape quick enough to stop it form running. Also It is digitaly signed so it
never prompts me ands asks if I want to run the macro. this is true even if I
set the security setting sto high.

The only way I have found to open the workbook and edit the macro is to open
excel and remove the athorization of the the digital certificate THEN sdet
security settings to med or high.

There has to be a better way? I read somewhere if you hold the shift button
down while you open the wkbk it will not run the code but this does not work
for me??

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Kelly

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Kelly

You cannot run a macro from the command line.

What you're doing with the Auto_Open or Workbook_Open is it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:22:17 -0800, "Kelly"
wrote:

Hi all, can anyone tell me if you can referance a xls workbook and run the
macro within form a command line?

I am now using an on Open event so it auto runs when it is open but i was
wondering if I could run it by referencing it?

Kelly