BW

That did it. I've used Excel for years with huge files & never had this
problem.

Thanks

BW

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi BW,

See Debra Dalgleish's notes on resetting the used range / file size at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"BW" wrote in message
I took a file that was about 300k, opened it in Excel 2003. I copied and
pasted all the data onto a second page so that I could manipulate it
without changing the original data. I hid a couple of columns, sorted the
data, centered a couple of columns, did some global search/replace, gave
the sheet a header & set the margins, paper size and orientation. Then I
saved the file and it was 44MB.

I did nothing that should have created a file this big...no charts, no
VBA, nothing. What's up with this??

Thanks