Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default Using a cell ref for the data_field arg in a GETPIVOTDATA formula

I can create the following formula to retrieve specific data from a pivot
table:

=GETPIVOTDATA("NewCorrel",$A$3,"MC1","NG Nova C & NIT","Ten1",DATE(2005,2,1))

However, if i try to put the text "NewCorrel" in Cell E18 (for example) and
then rewrite the formula as shown below, i get a #REF! error. I can replace
any of the other arguments with references to cells that contain the proper
values, but for some reason when I try to do that with the data_field arg, I
get the error.

=GETPIVOTDATA( E18 ,$A$3,"MC1","NG Nova C & NIT","Ten1",DATE(2005,2,1))

Any suggestions?