Eric

Default Pivot Table vs. Formulas

I have a database list that looks something like the following:

Outlet Defect Work Type Complete
------ ------ --------- -------
BOH ... New Project N
Bus Svc ... FF&E N
Front ... Punch Y
Site ... Punch Y
Bus Svc ... Punch Y

There's less than 400 items in the list currently, and likely will not
grow to more than 2,000 or so defects.

For one analysis, I want to summarize data as follows:

Outlet #Items #Complete %Complete
------ ------ --------- ---------
x 12 6 50%
y 30 6 20%
------ ------ --------- ---------
Totals 42 12 29%

I am doing this by using:
1) the advanced filter to extract a unique list of Outlets
2) =COUNTIF(valColOutlet,K13) to get the #Items by Outlet
3) =SUMPRODUCT(--(valColOutlet=K13),--(valColComplete="Y")) for
#Complete
4) easy formulas to get the rest

I'd like to use a pivot table so I could page by work type, drill into
the data, etc. But it generates something like:

Complete
N Y Grand Total
x 6 6 12
y 24 6 30
Totals 30 12 42

So I guess I'm really asking if there is a way to show Complete = "Y"
after the Total, and then add a calulation for the completion
percentage the way I want to.

Thanks, Eric